Good Classrooms Minigrants 2013
Minigrants are awarded annually to teachers and school staff in Grand Rapids Catholic, Christian and Public Schools for innovative projects and programs that go above and beyond the school’s budget.
- Awarded 34 minigrants totaling $122,000.
- Average award to a classroom was $3,600.
- Minigrant program began in 1987- making this our 26th year!
Teachers are doing exceptional things!
Congrats to the following recipients who represent the very best in Grand Rapids. Their dedication to their classrooms and students is admirable!
- Central High School Health Science- Jamie Prinsen
- Grand Rapids Chrisitan Middle School - Diane Boerma and Steve DeBoer
- Grand Rapids Public Schools (district wide)- Janet Milanowski, Rebecca Ryan
- Harrison Park School- Gwen Heatley
- Holy Spirit School - Sharon Grant, Duane Kluting, Tom O'Brien
- Kent Vocational Options/CBOT– Mindy Walker, Todd Jones
- Lincoln Development Center – Jennifer Murchison
- Lincoln School – Denise Volbeda, Brian Stoffer
- MLK Jr. Leadership Academy- Barbara Dodge
- North Park School– Robin Sorge, Sue Hendricks
- Ottawa Hills High School– Loraine Phillips, John DeMeester, Melissa Bultema, Kenneth Henderson
- Palmer Elementary School – Angela Cook
- Ridgemoor Early Childhood Center– Cindy DeYoung, Ann Zoellner
- Riverside Middle – Erica Hulett
- Shawnee Park Hearing Impaired– Shannon Spettel, Cindy Cafmeyer
- Sibley Elementary– Mary Engelsman, Raye Lynn Wood
- Southwest Community Campus – Jodi Tamminga
- Union High School – Karen Huizing
- West Catholic High School - Timothy P. Nawrocki
- West Leonard Early Childhood Center– Toni De Luca, Amy Allison-Houghton, Kathleen Lowroski