General Grants – Kent County
Since 1922, we've made more than $170 million in grants that foster academic achievement, build economic prosperity, achieve healthy ecosystems, promote health, support the arts and social enrichment, and create vibrant neighborhoods.
Nonprofit organizations and public agencies can apply for funding from the Community Foundation using these application guidelines for our general grant fund (also called the Fund for Community Good).
General Grantmaking Priorities (updated June 2013):
The Community Foundation recently went through a process to update its grantmaking priorities. Please take a moment to review our revised Grantmaking Framework.
If you believe your project is a fit, we hope that you will consider submitting a pre-application here.
Grand Rapids Community Foundation also has a variety of special projects, mini-grant programs, and initiatives that may invite proposals at different times of the year. These grantmaking efforts are narrowly tailored to promote change around a particular issue or geographic area. These opportunities are released and publicized periodically through our website and through targeted communications. For additional information about these opportunities, please visit the following pages:
- Access Camps - Available to West Michigan camps for specific efforts to increase access to overnight camps for underserved Kent County children.
- Community Funds - There are six different local funds in Cascade, Ionia, Lowell, Sparta, Southeast Ottawa and Wyoming providing grants to these specific geographic locations.
- Good Classrooms Minigrants - Awards grants to schools, classrooms and students that support academic achievement in Grand Rapids.
- Nonprofit Technical Assistance Fund - Designed to address the need for capacity building and technical assistance among nonprofits in Kent County.
- Youth Funds - For nonprofit organizations with programs that benefit young people in Kent, Ionia and Southeast Ottawa counties.
If you have any questions about the grant application process, please email email@example.com or call 616.454.1751.