Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of Challenge Scholars in coordination with respective Grand Rapids Community Foundation functional areas. Has primary responsibility for
- Engaging with diverse audiences, including students, families, and community stakeholders.
- Maintaining data system for students and stakeholders, using Raisers Edge.
- Coordinating annual events.
- Providing administrative support for the Challenge Scholars team: developing procedures, scheduling meetings; maintaining physical files, monitoring program inventory, and tracking program expenses.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist the CS Advisor with community- and school-based activities related to enrollment, recruitment, stakeholder engagement, and retention activities, coordinating with Grand Rapids Public Schools staff as needed. (30%)
a. Support, organize and/or coordinate outreach to students, families and/or stakeholders.
b. Develop and/or coordinate content, translation, production and distribution of print material, email, and social media. Coordinate with PR/Marketing as needed.
c. Coordinate activity logistics as needed, which may include arranging for venue, food, translation, on-site childcare, A/V, printed materials, registrations, and on-site setup.
d. Monitor and maintain inventory of CS supplies, marketing materials, promotional items and stationery.
2. Lead the event planning for three major annual CS events. This includes collaborating with a planning team for each event, coordinating a date, developing and monitoring a project timeline, staying within budget, developing mailing lists, coordinating and executing outreach, securing vendors, managing RSVPs/attendance, providing on-site setup. (25%)
3. Represent Challenge Scholars in the community and at community events. Develop and maintain rapport with Challenge Scholars students, families, stakeholders, partners, volunteers, and donors by providing excellent customer service and demonstrating cultural competence. (10%)
4. Manage CS student and stakeholder constituent data within the Community Foundation’s Raiser’s Edge (RE) database. (15%)
a. Develop and or assist in the creation of tools such as forms to support data collection, and prepare mailings,
b. Develop and implement data building, data entry, and data reporting procedures.
c. Participate in RE training and users groups.
d. Maintain data integrity and data security protocols as defined in Data Sharing Agreements.
5. Develop and update GRCF-compliant procedures related to CS operational practices including, but not limited to, activities related to CS enrollment, retention, engagement, events, and enrichment. Utilize continuous improvement practices, and update and/or create new procedures as needed based on continuous learning. (10%)
6. Provide general administrative and clerical support for CS. Attend Foundation team meetings as appropriate, and participate in CS and Foundation events as assigned. Support assigned staff by preparing correspondence and packets, making copies, mail-merging letters/emails, scheduling meetings, monitoring RE Actions, serving as a resource for callers/visitors with CS related questions, and other duties as needed. (10%)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor’s degree, or associates degree with a minimum of three years’ experience. Nonprofit sector experience/knowledge preferred.
2. Occasional evening work required.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, fluently in English and Spanish.
4. Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, which includes members external to the organization and who have varying work styles.
5. Ability to interact with an array of diverse constituents in a culturally competent manner, and provide excellent customer service.
6. Interest in helping all children access opportunities to achieve their full potential.
7. Demonstrated administrative skills and ability to organize and prioritize tasks independently, set schedules, manage office processes, plan meetings/events, and produce work in a timely manner.
8. Significant experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
9. Experience with databases and data entry; Access and Raiser’s Edge experience preferred. Attention to detail, accurate data entry and excellent record-keeping skills.
10. Broad knowledge of office organizational operations, as well as business standards and business etiquette.
11. Experience with office equipment including printers, copy machines, fax machines and multi-line phone systems.
All employees are required to uphold the values of Grand Rapids Community Foundation which are: Integrity, Excellence, Inclusion, Sustainability and Bold Aspirations. All employees are required to comply with the policies and procedures of GRCF as well as follow all state and federal laws and regulations, including but not limited to those related to donor rights, confidentiality, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).TO APPLY:
To apply, please send two cover letters (English and Spanish version) and resume to: Human Resource Manager, Grand Rapids Community Foundation, 185 Oakes Street SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 or email to email@example.com by February 8, 2017.