Remember the wholesome benefits of summer camp—learning to swim, canoeing, arts and crafts, and round the clock activities? Grand Rapids Community Foundation believes every child should experience summer camp fun. That’s why the Community Foundation will host its first interactive Summer Camp Expo on Thursday, April 17, 2008 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at Grand Rapids Youth Commonwealth at 235 Straight NW.
This free event will connect parents and future campers to local summer camps and provide them information about scholarship and transportation opportunities. Families who attend will be treated to a pizza dinner as they mingle with former campers and camp experts. More than 30 overnight camps, day camps, and summer enrichment programs from throughout West Michigan will be in attendance. Children will have the opportunity to participate in a few of the fun activities they can expect at camp and receive gifts and prizes! Come join in the fun!
- What: Grand Rapids Community Foundation Summer Camp Expo
- When: Thursday, April 17, 2008 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Grand Rapids Youth Commonwealth at 235 Straight NW
- Who: Parents and children are invited to attend this free event
- Why: Free food, activities, and giveaways—Best of all, attendees will learn about the many wonderful summer camp activities in West Michigan
To learn more about West Michigan Summer Camps, please visit www.westmisummercamps.org or call 616.454.1751.
Sponsored by Grand Rapids Community Foundation’s Mary I. and David D. Hunting Family Fund.