All gifts to the Hudsonville-Jenison Community Foundation are tax deductible and help people in the greater Georgetown Township, Hudsonville, Jenison and Jamestown Township areas.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hudso...
The Hudsonville-Jenison Community Foundation, a regional affiliate of Grand Rapids Community Foundation, helps fund educational, charitable, or cultural projects within Georgetown, Hudsonville, Jamestown and Jenison.
We support projects that are community-based, family oriented and that are:
- are capital in nature (e.g., construction, renovation, equipment)
- promote cooperation among agencies without duplicating services
- obtain the necessary additional funding to implement and maintain the project
- are located in the greater Georgetown Township, Hudsonville, Jenison and Jamestown Township area
- strengthen or improve agency self-sufficiency or efficiency
- yield substantial community benefits for the resources invested
- serve a broad segment of the community
- encourage additional and permanent funding or matching gifts from other donors
- are managed by nonprofits with a 501(c)(3) status
The Hudsonville-Jenison Community Foundation also has a Youth Advisory Committee that advises grantmaking to organizations working to benefit youth in Georgetown, Hudsonville, Jamestown and Jenison.
For additional information, please contact Kristen Woodward, Grant Committee Chair.
The Foundation considers grant applications once/year. After reviewing our grantmaking guidelines, grant applications can be completed online and are due on the second Friday of September each year. Decisions are announced by October 31.
For technical assistance with the online grant application, call 616.454.1751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fund Advisory Committee:
- Kristen Woodward, Chair
- Lindsey Carlon, Secretary
- Anne Gaertner
- Brent Balkama
- Jared Schuitema
- Kris Keegstra
- Matt Szukalowsk
- Randy Katerberg
- Jenison Public School - $3600 to provide mental health services to elementary aged students who would otherwise not be able to access this resource
- Sunset Legacy Foundation - $2400 to raise funds to build 40 new memory care assisted living homes for the next generation of residents in Hudsonville, Jenison, Georgetown and Jamestown areas
- Georgetown Harmony Homes - $1250 for the CORE Resident Health and Wellness Program
- Georgetown Township - $1800 for the Tower Gardens project
- Jenison Public Schools - $5000 to support accessible mental health care
- City of Hudsonville - $5000 in support of the Terra Square project
- Jehovah Jireh Ministries of West Michigan - $2000 to address food insecurity
- Ottawa County Parks Foundation - $10,000 for Grand River Greenway project
Youth Advisory Committee Grants
- Artists Creating Together - $600 for art experiences for youth with disabilities
- Jenison Public Education Foundation - $600 in support of the Wildcat Festival
- Junior Achievement of the Michigan Great Lakes - $340 to invest in the "Successful Students, Thriving Communities" program
- Arbor Circle - $250 for the Ottawa County Youth Assessment Survey
- Artists Creating Together - $300 in support of a residency program for two special education classrooms
- Jenison Public Education Foundation - $500 for the Wildcat Festival
- Junior Achievement of Michigan Great Lakes - $250 for “Forward Thinking: A Career-Based Education” programming for Hudsonville middle school students
- Step Up Youth Productions - $500 supporting the School Outreach Program
- Arbor Circle - $800 for the Raise Your Voice program
- Autism Family Network - $500 for a Bowling Family Fun event