All gifts to the Hudsonville-Jenison Community Foundation are tax deductible and help people in the greater Georgetown Township, Hudsonville, Jenison and Jamestown Township areas.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hudso...
The Hudsonville-Jenison Community Foundation, a regional affiliate of Grand Rapids Community Foundation, helps fund educational, charitable, or cultural projects within Georgetown, Hudsonville, Jamestown and Jenison.
We support projects that are community-based, family oriented and that are:
- are capital in nature (e.g., construction, renovation, equipment)
- promote cooperation among agencies without duplicating services
- obtain the necessary additional funding to implement and maintain the project
- are located in the greater Georgetown Township, Hudsonville, Jenison and Jamestown Township area
- strengthen or improve agency self-sufficiency or efficiency
- yield substantial community benefits for the resources invested
- serve a broad segment of the community
- encourage additional and permanent funding or matching gifts from other donors
- are managed by nonprofits with a 501(c)(3) status
The Hudsonville-Jenison Community Foundation also has a Youth Advisory Committee that advises grantmaking to organizations working to benefit youth in Georgetown, Hudsonville, Jamestown and Jenison.
For additional information, please contact Erica Jones, grant committee chair.
The Foundation considers grant applications once/year. After reviewing our grantmaking guidelines, grant applications can be completed online and are due on the second Friday of September each year. Decisions are announced by October 31.
For technical assistance with the online grant application, call 616.454.1751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fund Advisory Committee:
- Erica Jones, Chair
- Rob Bristow
- Dominik Castillo
- Lyn Holoway
- Jim Holtrop
- Rachel Kath
- John Morgan
- Bill Phelps
- Theresa Schlosser
- Amanda Schwander
- Quincy Williams
- Georgetown Senior Center - $1,210 to provide shade for seniors and families enjoying the center's outdoor activities and community events.
- Junior Achievement of the Michigan Great Lakes - $1,000 in program support for K-12 students to build their knowledge and skills while preparing for future career goals.
- Love Your Neighbor - $5,750 to support the Emergency Food Pantry, in collaboration with the Crisis Intervention Team in Ottawa County.
- Remembrance Ranch - $2,500 for program equipment to support camp participants.
- Georgetown Harmony Homes - $2,500 to support the physical and emotional health of residents with developmental disabilities.
- Georgetown Senior Center - $2,350 to provide outdoor seating for the Senior Center.
- Hand2Hand - $3,300 to provide weekend food for Hudsonville-Jenison students experiencing food insecurity.
- Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity - $3,200 to support the building of a five-unit townhouse providing stable, affordable housing to five families in the Hudsonville community.
- City of Hudsonville - $5,000 to install new, ADA accessible, playground equipment at Hughes Park.
- Georgetown Harmony Homes - $5,000 to support the physical and emotional health of residents with developmental disabilities.
- Jenison Public School - $3,600 to provide mental health services to elementary aged students who would otherwise not be able to access this resource
- Sunset Legacy Foundation - $2,400 to raise funds to build 40 new memory care assisted living homes for the next generation of residents in Hudsonville, Jenison, Georgetown and Jamestown areas
- Georgetown Harmony Homes - $1,250 for the CORE Resident Health and Wellness Program
- Georgetown Township - $1,800 for the Tower Gardens project
- Jenison Public Schools - $5,000 to support accessible mental health care
Youth Advisory Committee Grants
- Artists Creating Together - $600 for art experiences for youth with disabilities
- Jenison Public Education Foundation - $600 in support of the Wildcat Festival
- Junior Achievement of the Michigan Great Lakes - $340 to invest in the "Successful Students, Thriving Communities" program
- Arbor Circle - $250 for the Ottawa County Youth Assessment Survey
- Artists Creating Together - $300 in support of a residency program for two special education classrooms
- Jenison Public Education Foundation - $500 for the Wildcat Festival
- Junior Achievement of Michigan Great Lakes - $250 for “Forward Thinking: A Career-Based Education” programming for Hudsonville middle school students
- Step Up Youth Productions - $500 supporting the School Outreach Program