ICCF Fall 2018 Newsletter
Read the Fall Newsletter for a recap of the 2018 Golf Outing, stories of great new grants and more!
Ionia County Community Foundation (ICCF) is an affiliate fund of Grand Rapids Community Foundation. All gifts to ICCF are tax deductible and help people in Ionia County.
ICCF evaluates local needs and opportunities, and looks to fund projects that address the areas of art & culture, community development, education, environment, health, or social needs that:
- represent an innovative, start-up effort or are capital in nature
- promote cooperation among agencies without duplicating services
- obtain the necessary additional funding to implement and maintain the project
- are located in Ionia County
- strengthen or improve agency self-sufficiency or efficiency
- yield substantial community benefits for the resources invested
- serve a broad segment of the community
- encourage additional and permanent funding or matching gifts from other donors
- are managed by nonprofits with 501(c)(3) status
The Foundation considers grant applications once/year. After reviewing our grantmaking guidelines, grant applications can be completed online and are due annually at the end of December. Decisions will be announced by the end of February.
For technical assistance with the online grant application, call (616) 454-1751 or email email@example.com.
- Jim McCarty – Chair
- Tom Dickinson – Vice Chair
- Sara Badgero
- Janet Balice
- Bruce Chadwick
- Kim Doane
- Boomer Hoppough
- Suzanne Kreeger
- Jason Mellema
- Greg Patera
- Hailie Patterson
- Brian Talbot
- Tim Walling
- Ryan Wilson
- Belding Area Schools - $841 to create a STEAM Makerspace Club at Woodview Elementary
- City of Belding - $500 towards the creation of a walkable pathway in the Gathering Place Park.
- City of Ionia DDA - $500 towards the creation of an outdoor mural honoring the history and culture of Ionia.
- Enrich of Ionia County - $328 to purchase supplies for their partnership with the Transition Program.
- Feeding America West Michigan - $3,000 for mobile food pantries in Ionia County.
- Friends of the Fred Meijer River Valley Rail-Trails - $1,050 towards the Story Time Trail Project.
- Habitat for Humanity of Ionia County - $1,000 towards the building of a home for a Lake Odessa family.
- Ionia County Great Start Collaborative - $2,500 to build a community-wide kindergarten transition plan.
- Ionia County Historical Society - $1,000 towards the purchase of a new computer and scanner to digitally preserve historical collections.
- Ionia County ISD - $2,500 in support of the IM Kids 3rd Meal project.
- Ionia County ISD - $1,250 for teen driver safety education.
- Ionia County ISD - $1,000 for the Michigan Youth Leadership Training Camp.
- Ionia County ISD - $2,500 for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library.
- Ionia Free Fair Association - $1,000 towards the purchase of a hand washing station.
- Ionia Montcalm Families Against Narcotics - $1,000 for addiction public forums and education programming.
- Ionia Montcalm Secure and Friendly Environment Child Advocacy Center - $1,500 in general operating support.
- Ionia Public Schools - $1,000 for elementary music classroom instruments.
- Junior Achievement of the Michigan Great Lakes - $500 to support the Reverse Job Shadow Program for Ionia High School students.
- Lakewood Public Schools - $1,700 towards the podcasting program at Lakewood High School.
- Lakewood Public Schools - $500 for the High School Modular Robotics Prototyping Lab.
- Portland District Library - $3,380 to purchase Biblioboard products.
- Relief After Violent Encounter Ionia Montcalm - $1,250 for the Community Outreach and Operating Support Project.
- Ronald McDonald House of Western Michigan - $1,000 toward the Family Support Program.
- Saranac Community Schools - $150 in support of the Facts 4 Me project.
- Saranac Community Schools - $800 to purchase supplies for second grade students to make blankets, scarves and mittens for residents in need.
- Saranac Community Schools - $197 to provide flexible seating options for students.
- Spectrum Health Foundation - $1,700 to support the United Lifestyles Maternal Infant Health Program.
- SS Peter and Paul Catholic School - $500 for the Third Grade Water Safety program.
- West Michigan Environmental Action Council - $1,050 toward the Lower Grand River Water Trail Planning project.