Hurricane Irma, the second major hurricane to hit the U.S. and Caribbean in recent weeks, made landfall in Florida on September 10. Irma is noted as one of the most powerful Atlantic storms ever recorded, and led to widespread flooding and damage from the Cape Verde Islands to Georgia.
You can help by donating to one of the following response funds for the disaster:
- American Red Cross: Hurricane Irma
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy: CDP Hurricane Irma Recovery Fund
- Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Marlin Counties: Hurricane Assistance Fund
- Global Giving: Hurricane Irma Relief Fund
- International Community Foundation: Barbuda Recovery & Conservation Trust Fund
- Salvation Army: Hurricane Relief Efforts
- Save the Children: Hurricane Irma Children's Relief Fund
- Southwest Florida Community Foundation: SWFL Hurricane Relief Fund
- The Miami Foundation: The Hurricane Relief Fund, Irma Caribbean Strong Relief Fund, and Irma Community Recovery Fund
- United Way of Northeast Florida: Florida's First Coast Relief Fund
Information on Hurricane Harvey relief efforts can be found at Hurricane Harvey: How to Help.